Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Are We Losing Our Vocabulary?



My friend asked me to send a link to my "favorites" on YouTube. i decided to also send him another link saying "This video is one of my favorites" but then it dawned on me, how will he know what I mean by "favorite"? They are all under the "Favorites" category! So instead I wrote "one of my all time favorites".
I wonder if it's the technology age that is forcing us to add more and more adjectives (haha 'more and more' get it?) to validate our claims. Wasn't the term "good" good enough once upon a time? Because today, if your response is "I'm good" that can be taken as a lie. You have to say "I'm REALLY good (really!!)". How'bout if you asked me about someone and i said "He's nice." Hmmm that doesn't sound to good does it? "No he's really like crazy nice! like for real! unbelievably amazingly nice!" Ok, thats better....
I'm just thinking of the day when we will be forced to elucidate when talking about friends; "Well s/he is my REAL friend, not a Facebook one!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home