Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bruce da Maccabi


So why am I posting about Chanukah now? Well I just happen to be looking at the Tzivos Hashem/Jewish Childrens Museum site and they finally decided to put up pictures from Chanukah and when I saw this really funny pic of this confused looking individual trying to look like Yehudah Hamaccabi It reminded me of a surprisingly similar experience I had on Chanukah. Gosh! I could even swear the picture looks familiar from somewhere!
Anyways.
It happens to be that I also worked at the Muse-yum on Chanukah and I must say it was a pretty inspiring experience telling all those wonderful kinderlach about the Maccabees (even though most of them were from Boro Park and I was telling them things they didn't know already) The turnout was amazing. too amazing actually. cuz the Museum is made to hold about a-couple-a-hundred peoples. and on the holiday weekends we were averaging a-couple-a-thousand! some of the shows were so crowded there was nowhere to stand and on stage I had to step around kids cuz that was the only sitting room available. And I wont mention the crying babes and all the rucas that was going on (oops did I just mention it?) while I was trying to demonstrate how to squeeze something out of an Israeli (olive).
Anyways.
As they say "as long as the kids enjoyed it............................................"

As Charlie says
Happy thirtieth day of Chanuka

4 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 11:09 PM , Blogger Sholom Ber Shuchat said...

Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming. Poshut a Mechaye to see some normal stuff in a crazy place like Ottawa...

Shkoyech

 
At 1/25/2006 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Metchembadir!!!

 
At 1/25/2006 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

u look so funny

 
At 1/25/2006 6:33 PM , Blogger Baruch said...

t'was a great costume.
too bad I forgot it in Florida ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home