Monday, October 29, 2007

notin' comes close to non-fiction. you just can't make this stuff up!



THIS WEEK'S METROPOLITAN DIARY SELECTIONS


As I was riding the Q recently to meet a friend, I idly pulled my ponytail out and ran my fingers through my hair.

A man behind me leaned around and said, “Your hair looks just fine. It looks good.”

I laughed and said, “Thank you; your hair looks good, too.”

We chatted a bit and he eventually asked me very politely, “Are you married?” I said no.

“How is that? A fine lady like you?”

“It just happens that way sometimes.”

“No man got lucky enough, huh?” I laughed again.

“So would I be able to get hold of you?” He had been polite, so I politely answered, “I’m not interested in being gotten hold of just now.”

“You’re not interested in a relationship at this point in your life?”

“Nope.”

He seemed to understand and turned back around.

After a minute he turned to me again: “Well, can I have a dollar?”
-Kim Hewitt

===

This Daylight Saving

This hour gained, but empty, hushed

No one told the birds



-L. Fred Ayvazian

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11/14/2007 5:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

really appreciate those two pieces. thanks for sharin em.

 
At 11/14/2007 9:20 AM , Blogger Baruch said...

your welcome sab

i thought you might enjoy this piece

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=7003917370&topic=3732&

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home