Thursday, February 18, 2010

Inter mission

Chinese, Italian, its all the same when you can't understand it...


Couple of months ago, our class went to see the Aida dress rehearsal at the Metropolitan Opera (that's when they rehearse in costume, not rehearse the costumes.. just sayin cause i had no idea myself prior...) I think I may have enjoyed it somewhat if not for the skyhigh expectations that preceded.
Anyway, looking around at intermission, I noticed that I was not the only one feeling out of place in 18th century Italia. One guy caught my ear when he said to his friend "...when I found myself asking what the hell am I doing here, I told myself, there are people all over the world that would want nothing more than to be right here in my seat.."

Now havent you heard that line at a farbregen before?

4 Comments:

At 7/29/2010 11:23 AM , Blogger Benny said...

Wow Bruce, didn't know the blog was still up and running. I decided to casually visit and see what's goin' on here...

You've kept it up nicely.

Shokoyach. This post was great as well.

Although I don't remember seeing the woman pictured at any Farbrengen's.

 
At 7/29/2010 2:48 PM , Anonymous baruch said...

Thanks bro, there's more where this came from... metchem

 
At 8/10/2010 4:04 AM , Blogger Baruch said...

btw, have you ever used Google Reader or other RSS feed thingys? i find it useful because you dont have to remember to check the blogs you read

 
At 8/16/2010 8:39 PM , Blogger Benny said...

Never heard of those. I will look into it. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home